Around The "WORD"

It’s so difficult to write....

Everyone feels this, sometimes. From great authors, legends, editors, poets, columnists, freelancers, scribblers like me and also those who can’t write their answers in exam.

Almost EVERYONE.....

In my case, it’s just that I have many things in my mind. Many things which I have to describe, narrate, recall, recount, express.... 
I decide – Yes, this is it and I’m going to write it now. But after really and finally writing it I feel – What the hell, how awful have I written, was this that I wished to write actually, I’m so bad at it, blah, blah, blah......

This is the time when frustration covers up. It is said that if you want to write, if you want words to come to you easily from the core of your heart, if you want to dress up the naked blank pages with your designer writing than you have to READ a LOT. 

From classics, bestsellers, flops, good ones & bad ones, interesting as well as boring you have to read them and see how they are, what is in them that has made them what they are today.

Also enhancing your skill in the early years definitely gives a head on advantage. That way at least you may begin evenly, if not certain about the final destination it may lead to.

It’s purely a dedicated work. Words come easy for some or may be few, some just think that writing is easy but when they themselves try it they come to know what it is exactly. Sometimes I come up with amazing sentences in my mind but afterwards I find myself lost in repeating the same words. They just don’t sound the way they sounded back. This happens and I think it’s just ok. 


Patience is the ultimate thing that is essential here. Some writers are blessed with instant success. Some wait years for recognition. Some write & live in isolation. Emily Dickinson’s writing was only declared a milestone many years after her death; albeit, that was her own choice.

You can write well when you have a clarity of thought and a quiet mind. Writing is  like a river - calm, & flowing with ease, flawlessly. The river never bothers about the obstacles it may come across, in its way.  Sometimes, it may flood like the monsoon rivers, sometimes freeze up like the glaciers. sometimes just dry up like the rivers in drought. The beautiful, thunderous, enchanting words, just like the rain drops  showers over it and fills it with our emotions and thoughts.

As the popular writer, STEPHEN KING says, "Say what you mean. Say what you see. Make a photograph, if you can, for the reader"

As for myself, I see that whatever I write has ME somewhere in it. The thing which I describe is seen by me, the places which I narrate have been visited by me, the emotions which I pour down were some time back mine. Yes, but with a tinch of imagination. Imagination is everything. One cannot do everything in one little life – enjoy, learn, earn, work, worry, please, fear, frown, comfort, this-that... but certainly you can imagine things. And writing is imagination. And the well known mantra to improve writing, is write more.

But one thing is sure, if you have it, it comes to you…



Comments

  1. Superb 👌
    Aptly described.
    Keep it up👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. once again मस्त!
    now you have become more choosy in selecting topics and more matured in selecting words.
    ... try to free your hands in mother tongue too. waiting for that post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully expressed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well penned....I really loved the way you symbolised writing with a river. Keep going. Best wishes. Waiting to read more of your writings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What do we think about, when we do nothing?

Are you CENSORIOUS?

I look at the SKY very often….....